понедельник, 12 января 2015 г.

Antique Vanity

Another piece I found at auction that no one wanted but I knew it was worth saving and giving life back to it.


Here is the before. From the picture it doesn't look that bad but trust me it was. The drawers wouldn't open and would stick. The veneer was pealing off in numerous areas.


antique vanity, painted furniture


In process. Some of the veneer came right off with no issues and other parts were coming off but wanted to stay. This piece was a lot of work and hard labor.


antique vanity, painted furniture


This picture shows some of the distressing.


antique vanity, painted furniture


Finished in all her glory.


antique vanity, painted furniture


I distressed this piece heavier than I normally do but I felt it needed that to keep with the look of its age.


antique vanity, painted furniture


I painted this with 2 different shades of green. I recovered the seat and distressed it was well. This is truly a piece that I'm sorry I got rid of. I loved it!


antique vanity, painted furniture


Original article and pictures take http://www.hometalk.com/11504182/antique-vanity site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий