четверг, 15 января 2015 г.

Christmas in a Jar With Lights


I totally know these little mason jar snow globes are not a new idea. I have made these little jars for over two years now to decorate my table or mantle with. This year, I decided to take it up a notch by adding some lights.


The idea came to me when I did made this Succulent Fairy Garden with Crafts Unleashed. I love how the lights add a bit of whimsy to a project.


christmas in a jar with lights, christmas decorations, crafts, how to, mason jars, seasonal holiday decor




First, you will need some lights. I used Micro LED Lights. They are cheap and come two to a pack.
You will also need:
Epsom Salt (or fake snow)
Jar (mine is from Hobby Lobby and I like that it does not have the Ball written on it so you can see whats inside clearly)
Small Tree or whatever else you want to put in your jar. You can peruse the Christmas Village displays at your local craft store for ideas.
Tape, Ribbon, Bells
Once you have your supplies gathered, begin by pouring in a bit of salt.


christmas in a jar with lights, christmas decorations, crafts, how to, mason jars, seasonal holiday decor




Add your lights in and pour more salt over them. I used a spoon to cover the lights up. Now the thought did cross my mind if the salt would erode the lights….and I don’t have a good answer for that! �� So I will just see as the month goes on if something happens. So far I am on almost 5 days and all is well. The battery is not in the salt so I don’t know if that makes a difference or not If your worried you can always try that fake craft snow.


christmas in a jar with lights, christmas decorations, crafts, how to, mason jars, seasonal holiday decor




Once, you have buried your lights tape the battery pack to the top of the mason jar lid.


christmas in a jar with lights, christmas decorations, crafts, how to, mason jars, seasonal holiday decor




Here it is a night all lit up.


christmas in a jar with lights, christmas decorations, crafts, how to, mason jars, seasonal holiday decor





Original article and pictures take http://www.hometalk.com/11527366/christmas-in-a-jar-with-lights site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий